White Oak Amphitheatre Rules
The White Oak Amphitheater in Greensboro, NC was built for the enjoyment of arts and entertainment for the community. To keep everything running as smoothly as possible, they ask that guests abide by the following rules and regulations:
Events are held in rain and shine. Rain jackets and ponchos are permitted. Umbrellas must be compact at 12″ or smaller.
Audio and recording devices are strictly prohibited. Point-and-shoot cameras are allowed. Cameras with detachable lenses are prohibited.
Shirt and shoes must be worn (and remain worn) to gain admission.
White Oak Amphitheater at Greensboro Coliseum Complex wants everyone to have a great time during their visit. To help facilitate this, the staff has created a set of policies and guidelines that all guests should follow. Please take some time to read the policies below. Any guest failing to abide by them may be expelled without refund or banned from the premises. If you have any questions, please contact the venue at 336-373-7461.
Fuzzy (or scaly or feathered) pets are not welcome within the facility. Please leave your pets and animals at home. The only exception are service animals as defined by the ADA. Comfort animals may not qualify as service animals for this purpose.
Service animals are expected to be under your control during the entire event. Please keep them leashed or harnessed and close to you. If your service animal gets loose and causes disruptions, you may be asked to leave.
- Guests should bring as few personal items as possible.
- Large bags are strictly prohibited.
- Small bags (no larger than 10″ x 10″) or diaper bags are allowed, but will be inspected without exception.
- Guests with diaper bags must be accompanied by a baby. All purses and diaper bags may be subject to inspection.
- Guests with special circumstances should contact Guest Services at 336-373-7461 before their visit.
Chair backs not to exceed 32” in height measured from the ground and chair back. Seat bottoms not to exceed 9” measured from the ground and chair back.
- Lawn chairs available for rental for general admission (lawn) ticketholders for $5 per chair (subject to availability).
- Rental chairs may be rented upon entering the venue just inside entry gates.
- Rental chairs should be left on the lawn for pick-up by Coliseum Complex staff after the show concludes.
Food & Drink
Outside food and beverages (including alcohol) are prohibited.
- All guests and items are subject to a consent inspection upon entering the facility.
- This consent inspection may involve metal detector
However enticing it may be, sliding down the grass hill is prohibited.
The Amphitheater prefers to keep events friendly to all; therefore, smoking is prohibited everywhere, including the lawn.
Stadium seat cushions are permitted, as long as they do not have legs.
Rental lawn chairs are permitted. Guests may bring blankets.
The following items are allowed in the venue.
- Small, non-professional cameras (no long, zoom, or detachable lenses)
- Telescopic umbrellas no longer than 12″ when compacted
The following items are prohibited from being brought into the Greensboro Coliseum Complex:
- Alcoholic or other Beverages
- Artificial Noise Makers
- Audio or Video Recording equipment
- Cameras (camera policies vary on an event by event basis)
- Bags (please see bag policy above)
- Beach Balls
- Canes, Chains or Sticks of any length (non-medical use canes)
- Cans, Glass or Metal containers
- Coolers (unless containing medical supplies)
- Costume masks
- Diaper Bags (unless accompanied by a baby)
- Fireworks or any Explosive
- Folding Chairs
- Food and Beverage
- Helium Balloons
- Illegal Drugs
- Knives of any size
- Laser Pointers
- Pets (except service animals for patrons with disabilities)
- Promotional items with commercial identification
- Strollers (at select events)
- Tape Recorders
- Large golf or non-telescopic umbrellas
- Weapons of any description, including firearms (weapons carried with a permit are also prohibited)
- Signs, banners, flags or any other items that would either obstruct the view of a patron or serve as a dangerous projectile or security risk.
- Other items that in the judgment of Coliseum management pose a safety risk or diminish the enjoyment of an event by other patrons.
- White Oak Amphitheatre is a smoke-free environment in the seating areas, walkways, concourses, and landscaping.
- There is a Designated Smoking Area on the Hanner Street Concourse, and smoking is only permitted within the areas marked by signs.